(Remote from home) (Part-time)
THE MEHRIT CENTRE LTD. (“TMC”) is an educational organization offering courses and information online. Established by Dr. Stuart Shanker in 2012, to work towards a vision of calm, alert children, youth and adults flourishing in physically and emotionally nurturing environments. The mission is to ground learning and living in self-regulation.
TMC is looking an individual to provide administrative support to the executive director and executive team. The ideal individual would have the experience in the areas listed below
The following is a part-time.
Position Overview: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director is responsible for providing administrative support to the executive director and executive team as needed.
Areas of Accountability
- Maintain the executive’s calendar, scheduling meetings, and booking appointments
- Provide weekly summary on upcoming tasks/meetings etc.
- Attend meetings upon request or use meeting recordings to prepare meeting minutes
- Prepare presentations, documents, and other reports.
- Proofread and edit transcripts from presentations
- Post content created by ED to social media accounts as requested
- Post COVID – Arrange travel (e.g. flight itineraries, hotel accommodations, car rentals), adhering to corporate travel requirements and processes.
- Track and submit travel expenses for reimbursement.
- Other tasks as assigned by executive team
- Canadian resident
- Completion of college or other program for administrative assistants or proven experience in related field.
- Interest or experience in education, adult learning, health and well-being an asset.
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate diplomacy, tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Proven proofreading/editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word), Google drive, Gmail, Google calendar, Zoom and other web conferencing platforms.
- Familiarity with Otter.ai, Basecamp and Slack is an asset.
- Comfortable with the social media platforms used by The MEHRIT Centre (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Consistent attention to detail and self-motivated to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building abilities.
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks to support company growth.
- Willing to take The MEHRIT Centre Self-Reg Foundations Program.
Working Hours and Conditions
All TMC employees are expected to, and are supported in carrying out their job responsibilities in a professional and responsive way that is aligned with TMC’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a work at home position. The employee is expected to provide their own computer, software and high-speed internet connection.
This position has flexible and variable working hours, based on the volume of work required by TMC, however it is expected that the employee will work a maximum of 15 hours per week on average, signing in daily depending on the volume of assignments and deadlines, preferably between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Starting rate of pay hourly based on experience between $17 – $19
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter online. Please note there will be a pre-interview task to complete as part of the interview process. We thank all who apply for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description is available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Part time
Please submit your resume with cover letter by noon June 30th, 2021.