Client Care and Events Assistant (Remote from home) (Maternity Leave)
THE MEHRIT CENTRE LTD. (“TMC”) is an educational organization offering courses and information online. Established by Dr. Stuart Shanker in 2012, to work towards a vision of calm, alert children, youth and adults flourishing in physically and emotionally nurturing environments. The mission is to ground learning and living in self-regulation.
TMC is looking someone to provide knowledgeable, caring, and thoughtful client care and online events organization. The ideal individual will have email communication customer service experience and online/virtual event planning
The following is an indefinite/temporary position covering a maternity leave. To the best of our knowledge this term position will be until December 2021, this is however dependent on the current employee’s decisions with regards to the length of their maternity leave.
Position Overview: Client Care and Events Assistant
Reporting to the Director, Operations the individual in the role of Client Care, is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day client services operations as the first point of contact for general information requests that come in via email. In the role as Event Assistant, the individual would be responsible for the logistical planning, registration and hosting of TMC’s on-line events in particular the annual conference in July 2021 in consultation with the Director, Operations, the Executive Director, and other TMC staff.
Client Care Duties:
- Act as the first point of contact for TMC related correspondence and requests received through the general inquiry email address.
- Provide tailored responses to all inquiries requesting information about TMC, its services and resources, identifying client needs arising from these requests and provide information on a range of TMC services and educational opportunities. Respond to client requests in a timely, knowledgeable and professional manner collaborating with TMC departments and staff to ensure a high standard of client care.
- Maintain a database of client correspondence.
- Welcome eSchool learners after online course purchase.
- Individually follow up with inactive eSchool learners to support the completion of their learning – done bi-annually.
- Invoice customers via QuickBooks and follow up on refund requests assessing reasons for the request and seeking management advice as needed.
Online Event Duties
- Research, coordinate and build online event offerings
- Respond to correspondence related to TMC events.
- Assist the Director, Operations with event related tracking income and spending
- Registration and attendee care
- Maintain event registration lists and respond to registration-related correspondence.
- Invoice customers for registrations where requested.
- Oversee event-related refunds in consultation with finance department.
- Create and distribute event certificates for each attendee.
- Send post-event email with a thank you, event resources and a survey.
- Review and report on event feedback from attendees.
- Speaking Engagements
- Support the Executive Director and TMC Presenters in the development, preparation and distribution of resources and materials
- Provide technical support using various on line platforms on the day of presentation as needed
COVID 19 related: For the remainder of 2021 all TMC events have been moved to various online formats in accordance to the guidelines from the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts. We will continue to access the situation into 2021 to determine if in-person events can be held keeping in line with the guidelines from Health Canada and in consideration of the health and safety of staff/attendees.
For future In-Person Event Duties
- Research and book arrangements for space rental, catering, and technical requirements.
- Sign off on and instigate event-related purchasing of materials and supplies in accordance with the approved event budget.
- Make travel arrangements for TMC event staff.
- Prepare, pack and transport event-related materials; print materials, resources, signage, sales resources, etc. from our Peterborough location
Event Hosting On Site Duties
- Ensure venue layout is as planned, with appropriate signage and company information displayed.
- Assist in the setup of technical requirements: AV equipment, presenter laptop (visual and audio), presenter microphone etc. Including the TMC Twitter Wall
- Ensure catering is accurate and on time, with dietary requirements accounted for.
- Organize and run the registration and sales tables using Shopify, Eventbrite and QuickBooks.
- Provide support and assistance to attendees and TMC presenters throughout the day, including answering questions about Self-Reg offerings and promoting TMC Self-Reg courses where applicable
- Pack up at the end of the event and return materials to Peterborough location.
- A degree or certificate in a related field with 2+ years of related experience.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work independently, collaboratively and reliably.
- Very strong email, telephone and interpersonal communication skills with a customer orientation, and the ability to adapt and respond appropriately to different situations and issues with the ability to build rapport with clients and attendees.
- Proven abilities in planning, scheduling and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in programs such as MS Office Suite, Gmail, Shopify, Eventbrite, QuickBooks, Basecamp, Web conferencing (Zoom) etc.
- Able to research and source TMC materials as required
- Prior experience working with adult learners in an online learning environment an asset
- Must have completed, or be willing to take, the full Foundations Program (at no charge) offered by TMC.
- Physically able to travel and carry suitcases, move tables, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation available to travel to events as required
Working Hours and Conditions
All TMC employees are expected to, and are supported in carrying out their job responsibilities in a professional and responsive way that is aligned with TMC’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a work at home position. The employee is expected to provide their own computer, software and high-speed internet connection.
This position has flexible and variable working hours, based on the volume of work required by TMC, however it is expected that the employee will work a maximum of 20 hours per week on average, signing in daily depending on the volume of assignments and deadlines, preferably between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Starting rate of pay hourly based on experience between $17 – $19
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter online. Please note there will be a pre-interview task to complete as part of the interview process. We thank all who apply for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description is available upon request at email@example.com
Job Type: Part time term (Maternity)
Duration: Feb 1 – Dec 31 2021