JOIN OUR STAFF
Client Care Assistant
(Remote from home) (Part-time)
THE MEHRIT CENTRE LTD. (“TMC”) is an educational organization offering courses and information online. Established by Dr. Stuart Shanker in 2012, TMC works towards a vision of calm, alert children, youth and adults flourishing in physically and emotionally nurturing environments. The mission is to ground learning and living in self-regulation.
TMC is looking for an individual to be the first point of contact for general information requests that come into the email info@, answering and directing these emails and doing other admin duties as assigned. The ideal individual would have the experience in the areas listed below:
The following is a part-time position.
Position Overview: Client Care Assistant
Reporting to the Director, HR and Legal the Client Care Assistant is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day client services operations as the first point of contact for general information requests.
- Act as the first point of contact for TMC related correspondence and requests received through the firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- Prepare for client inquiries by becoming familiar with the TMC services and educational opportunities. resources, products and client service processes
- Provides warm and friendly responses directing clients to the FAQ pages when possible or to other TMC team members depending on the inquiry.
- Respond to client requests in a timely, knowledgeable and professional manner collaborating with TMC departments and staff to ensure a high standard of client care.
- Record client inquiries, maintaining a database of client correspondence.
- Use Basecamp as a project management tool.
- May be required to provide holiday coverage for the correspondence and requests received through the email@example.com during the TMC office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Other tasks as assigned by the executive
- Canadian resident
- Completion of college or other program for administrative assistants or proven experience in related field.
- Interest or experience in education, adult learning, health and well-being an asset.
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate diplomacy, tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Proven proofreading/editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word), Google drive, Gmail, Google calendar, Zoom and other web conferencing platforms.
- Familiarity with Otter.ai, Basecamp and Slack is an asset.
- Comfortable with the social media platforms used by The MEHRIT Centre (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Consistent attention to detail and self-motivated to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building abilities.
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks to support company growth.
- Willing to take The MEHRIT Centre Self-Reg Foundations Program.
Working Hours and Conditions
All TMC employees are expected to, and are supported in carrying out their job responsibilities in a professional and responsive way that is aligned with TMC’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a work at home position. The employee is expected to provide their own computer, software and high-speed internet connection.
This position has flexible and variable working hours, based on the volume of work required by TMC, however it is expected that the employee will work a maximum of 20 hours per week on average, depending on the volume of assignments and deadlines preferably between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Starting rate of pay hourly based on experience between $17 – $19
Job Type: Part time
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there may be a timed pre-interview task to complete as part of the interview process. We thank all who apply for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Please submit your resume with cover letter by noon Friday March 3rd 2023