Self-Reg Parenting – A Free Event for Moms, Dads and Caregivers
09jul6:00 pm8:00 pmSelf-Reg Parenting – A Free Event for Moms, Dads and CaregiversThe MEHRIT Centre\\'s 5th Annual Self-Reg Summer Symposium 2019
Hey Parents! Do you often find yourself frustrated and irritated? Is your child more easily upset and harder to soothe than other kids? Are standard parenting strategies that work for other parents
Do you often find yourself frustrated and irritated?
Is your child more easily upset and harder to soothe than other kids?
Are standard parenting strategies that work for other parents just not working for you?
Do you wonder if some mysterious X Factor might be affecting your child’s behaviour and moods?
Maybe you need to consider how stress is affecting your child (and you!)
Come to our free Self-Reg Parenting evening at Trent University, July 9 at 6:00 pm, as part of out 5th annual Self-Reg Summer Symposium.
Self-Reg is a framework and method, developed by Dr. Stuart Shanker, author of Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Fully Engage with Life. The Shanker Method® offers parents a new, and very positive, way of understanding and responding to children’s behaviour by recognizing and responding to the stressors that affect children and parents everyday.
Dr. Susan Hopkins, Executive Director of The MEHRIT Centre, will present an introduction to Shanker Self-Reg followed by short talks from four parents who will share stories about how Self-Reg transformed their parenting or gave them a new way of dealing with a parenting problem that defied solutions.
Join us and learn about:
- How stress impacts our energy and tension levels, and hence, our behaviour and moods
- Hidden stressors that may be affecting your child without you realizing it
- How to be a Stress Detective
Admission is free-of-charge. Let us know you’re coming by signing up for a Free Admission ticket! All parents, grandparents and caregivers are welcome.
For more Self-Reg Parenting Resources see our website www-bdr1p.hosts.cx
When: July 9, 2019 6:00 pm
Where: Peter Gzowski College, Room 114 or 117 (TBC)
(Gzowski College is located on the East Bank of Trent University)
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
2510 Pioneer Road
- The Self-Reg Journey of Laura Cesaroni
- Have Your Say: No Such Thing as a Bad Kid
- Sensory Over-Responsivity, Attachment, and Self-Regulation: Considerations of the Specific Impact of Auditory Stimuli
- Authority Magazine: Mental Health Champions: Why & How Dr Stuart Shanker Of The MEHRIT Centre Is Helping To Champion Mental Wellness
- Recognize Stressors