But, is it for me? If you’re interested in learning the basic underpinnings of Shanker Self-Reg®, then yes – this course is for you.
- Four separate courses
- Each of the courses takes six weeks to complete
- A new module opens each week and learners have one week to complete it
- Approximately 4 – 6 hours per week
- Short videos from Dr. Shanker and Susan Hopkins with “bite-sized” chunks of information
- Questions designed to support understanding, reflection and application of Self-Reg learning
- Interactive responding to comments of other learners online
- Contributions from other Shanker Self-Reg® experts
- Course facilitation from various TMC Self-Reg Specialists
Cost: $389 per individual course or $1395 for the four-course program
The Bio Domain: The Brain, Stress and Self-Regulation
- Module 1: The Dawning of Relationships
- Module 2: The Nature of Stress
- Module 3: The Problem of Excessive Stress
- Module 4: The Cascading Effects of Excessive Stress
- Module 5: The Brain’s Reward System
- Module 6: Self-Reg Method Step 1: Reframing the Behaviour
Self-Reg and Emotional, Social, Cognitive and Pro-Social Well-Being
- Module 1: Self-Reg in Dynamic Systems and the Bio Domain Foundations
- Module 2: Self-Reg in the Emotional Domain
- Module 3: Self-Reg in the Cognitive Domain
- Module 4: Self-Reg in the Social Domain
- Module 5: Self-Reg in the Pro-Social Domain
- Module 6: 5 Steps of Shanker Self-Reg Method
Self-Reg and Mental Health Across the Lifespan
- Module 1: Autism
- Module 2: “The Anxiety Epidemic”
- Module 3: Self-Reg and Adolescence
- Module 4: Self-Reg Across the Lifespan
- Module 5: Self-Reg and Mindfulness
- Module 6: Self-Regulation vs. Self-Control
The Shanker Self-Reg Method in Context
4 Course Stream Options (Offered upon completion of Foundations 1 – 3):
- A. Educator’s Stream: Self-Reg as a Universal Platform in Education (Early Years, K-12, or Adult Education)
- B. Self-Reg Specialists Stream ( health practitioners, specialists, counsellors, clinicians): Applying Shanker Self-Reg
- C. Early Years / Parent-Stream: Parenting with a Self-Reg Mindset
- D. Personal Self-Reg Stream (applies to anyone): My Self-Reg
Program Participants From All Over the World
Our Foundations Program participants are spread out around the world. We have participants in almost every single Canadian province, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, and beyond!
Since launching Foundations, we’ve had over 400 students, with 146 learners having completed the full 4 course Foundations Certification program to become Self-Reg Champions. New people are signing up every day from all across the globe.
What Participants Say About the Program
We are lucky enough to have all kinds of participants in our Foundations Courses: early childhood educators, social workers, kindergarten teachers, school psychologists, consultants and administrators. Below, some of what they had to say about their experience in the Foundations program.
Ready to begin your Shanker Self-Reg® journey in the Foundations Certificate program?
As the Self-Reg eSchool is a web-based learning environment, the following technical requirements must be in place to ensure optimal performance and accessibility.
A desktop computer or laptop is required
Tablets (e.g., iPad, Surface) and smartphones are not recommended
Speakers (or headphones, ear buds, etc.) are required
A high-speed internet connection is required
Although we cannot guarantee the reliability of a given browser, there are two that we do recommend:
Google Chrome (Windows and Mac)
Apple Safari (Mac)
It’s highly recommended that the latest version of the software be installed.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.