Become a Shanker Self-Reg® Learning Facilitator
The next cohort (Cohort 3) of the Level 2 Program will start on September 21, 2017
Certification in The Shanker Method® is the next level of learning available for those interested in becoming a certified Shanker Self-Reg® Learning Facilitator. Anyone who has completed the Foundations program and is interested in taking his or her Self-Reg expertise to the next level may apply. The demand for Shanker Self-Reg® Specialists from the MEHRIT Centre is growing.
To meet the demand and our mission of grounding living and learning in self-regulation we are offering this program so that experts in Shanker Self-Reg® will be widely available. Through this program:
- Further ground your understandings of the Shanker Self-Reg® science and research foundations of The Shanker Method®.
- Develop expertise in the Self-Reg Framework and application of the Shanker Method®.
- Apply the Shanker Method to case studies across a range of contexts.
- Research, plan, develop, deliver, assess and evaluate Self-Reg workshops.
- Be certified by Dr. Stuart Shanker as a trainer & facilitator for The Shanker Method®.
- Be eligible to apply for presenter and facilitator positions available with TMC.
- Be eligible to apply to be licensed in The Shanker Method®, which will provide you access to all of the TMC materials for your training and facilitating work.
Full 8-Course Program: $ 2195
The cohort is limited to 20 spots. Those anticipating being finished Foundations before the program start date may register for Level 2.
About the Program
- The Level 2 program combines a collection of short videos from Dr. Stuart Shanker, a collaborative inquiry model, and case studies.
- Using a facilitated cohort model similar to that in the Self-Reg Foundations program, Level 2 has 6 courses:
- 1 for each step of the 5 Step Method,
- 1 integrated application courses.
Each of the 6 courses has four modules. Each module is 1 week long with a (short) pre and post-module task. The modules are designed to take approximately 5 hours each to complete.
- Pre-Module Quiz or Task
- Module 1: Digging Deeper
- Module 2: Applying the Science (individuals)
- Module 3: Applying the Science (groups)
- Module 4: Extending the Learning
- Post-Module Quiz or Task
The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behavior | September 21 – October 23
The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | November 2 – December 4
The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | January 11 – February 12
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | February 22 – March 26
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | April 5 – May 7
Full Circle | May 17 – June 18
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | September 7 – October 9
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | October 19 – November 20
Full Circle | January 4 – February 5