Certification in The Shanker Method® is the next level of learning available for those interested in becoming a certified Shanker Self-Reg® Learning Facilitator. Anyone who has completed the Foundations Program or Early Childhood Development Program and is interested in taking his or her Self-Reg expertise to the next level may apply. The demand for Shanker Self-Reg® Specialists from the MEHRIT Centre is growing.
To meet the demand and our mission of grounding living and learning in self-regulation we are offering this program so that experts in Shanker Self-Reg® will be widely available. Through this program:
- Further ground your understandings of the Shanker Self-Reg® science and research foundations of The Shanker Method®.
- Develop expertise in the Self-Reg Framework and application of the Shanker Method®.
- Apply the Shanker Method to case studies across a range of contexts.
- Research, plan, develop, deliver, assess and evaluate Self-Reg workshops.
- Be certified by Dr. Stuart Shanker as a trainer & facilitator for The Shanker Method® in your context.
- Be eligible to apply for presenter and facilitator positions available with TMC.
- Be eligible to apply to be licensed in Shanker Self-Reg®, which will provide you access to all of the TMC materials for your training and facilitating work, and the ability to make income from Shanker Self-Reg®. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about licences.
Become a Shanker Self-Reg® Learning Facilitator
The next cohort (Cohort 8) of this program will start February 20, 2020.
Full 8-Course Program: $ 2195
About the Program
- The Facilitators program combines a collection of short videos from Dr. Stuart Shanker, a collaborative inquiry model, and case studies.
- Using a facilitated cohort model similar to that in the Self-Reg Foundations program, the Facilitators Program has 6 courses:
- 1 for each step of the 5 Step Method,
- 1 integrated application courses.
Each of the 6 courses has four modules. Each module is 1 week long with a (short) pre and post-module task. The modules are designed to take approximately 5 hours each to complete.
- Pre-Module Quiz or Task
- Module 1: Digging Deeper
- Module 2: Applying the Science (individuals)
- Module 3: Applying the Science (groups)
- Module 4: Extending the Learning
- Post-Module Quiz or Task
The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behavior | February 14 – March 18, 2019
The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | April 4 – May 6, 2019
The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | May 16 – June 17, 2019
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | June 27 – July 29, 2019
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | August 8 – September 9, 2019
Full Circle | September 19 – October 21, 2019
The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behavior | September 19 – October 21, 2019
The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | October 31 – December 2, 2019
The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | January 2 – February 3, 2020
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | February 13 – March 16, 2020
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | April 2 – May 4, 2020
Full Circle | May 14 – June 15, 2020