For those looking to dive deeper in their Shanker Self-Reg® learning and be equipped with the tools to bring Self-Reg to those in their community and care, the Self-Reg Facilitator’s Program is a fantastic next step. Anyone who has completed the Foundations Program, Early Childhood Development Program or Leadership for Self-Reg Schools Program and is interested in taking their Self-Reg expertise to the next level may apply. The demand for Shanker Self-Reg® learning informed by The MEHRIT Centre is growing.
To meet the demand and our mission of grounding living and learning in self-regulation we are offering this program so that champions in Shanker Self-Reg® knowledge translation* will be widely available. Through this program:
- Further ground your understandings of the Shanker Self-Reg® science and research foundations of The Shanker Method®.
- Develop expertise in the Self-Reg Framework and application of the Shanker Method®.
- Apply the Shanker Method® to case studies across a range of contexts.
- Research, plan, develop, deliver*, assess and evaluate Self-Reg workshops.
- Earn a Self-Reg Learning Facilitator Certificate.
- Be eligible to apply for presenter and facilitator positions available with TMC.
- Be eligible to apply for a license to use the Shanker Self-Reg® trademark, which will provide you access to TMC materials for your training and facilitating work, and the ability to make income from Shanker Self-Reg®. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Earn the Self-Reg Learning Facilitator Certificate
The next cohort (Cohort 10) of this program will start October 1, 2020.
Full 6-Course Program: $ 2195
About the Program
- The Facilitators program combines a collection of short videos from Dr. Stuart Shanker, a collaborative inquiry model, and case studies.
- Using a facilitated cohort model similar to that in the Self-Reg Foundations program, the Facilitators Program has 6 courses:
- 1 for each step of the 5 Step Method,
- 1 integrated application courses.
Each of the 6 courses has four modules. Each module is 1 week long with a (short) pre and post-module task. The modules are designed to take approximately 5 hours each to complete.
- Pre-Module Quiz or Task
- Module 1: Digging Deeper
- Module 2: Applying the Science (individuals)
- Module 3: Applying the Science (groups)
- Module 4: Extending the Learning
- Post-Module Quiz or Task
The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behavior | October 1 – October 27, 2020
The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | November 12 – December 8, 2020
The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | January 7 – February 2, 2021
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | February 18 – March 16, 2021
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | April 1 – April 27, 2021
Full Circle | May 13 – June 8, 2021
The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behavior | May 14 – June 9, 2020
The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | June 25 – July 21, 2020
The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | August 6 – September 1, 2020
The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | September 17 – October 13, 2020
The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | October 29 – November 24, 2020
Full Circle | January 7 – February 2, 2021