n his new book, “Self-Reg: How to Help Your Child (and You) Break the Stress Cycle and Successfully Engage With Life,” Dr. Stuart Shanker argues that much of children’s misbehavior and many of their tantrums and breakdowns are really the result of stress. He is not talking about having too much homework, though that might also be a factor, but rather about “stressors,” outside forces that make it difficult for many children to calm down and focus on the tasks we set before them — from social interaction to academic achievement.
- Reframing My Experience of ‘Reframing’
- When Withdrawal Doesn’t Work: A Self-Reg Alternative
- Self-Reg in Early Childhood Development Reflections
- Swan Valley School Division Implements Therapeutic Schools Project, based on the work of Stuart Shanker
- From Under The Stairs To In The Classroom: Contemplating Biological Stressors In Shared Learning Environments