K-12 Self-Reg Institute: Towards Thriving Students | September 19, 2017
- The impact of an excessive stress load on energy, mood, behaviour and learning
- The “Triune” brain: Limbic versus “learning” states and the limbic “brake”
- The five domains of Self-Reg: biological, emotion, cognitive, social and prosocial
- The difference between self-regulation and self-control
- Individual differences in stress reactivity, including the difference between stress behaviour and misbehaviour
- Self-Reg as a process, not a program: Where and how it fits with mindfulness, safe schools, cultural programming and wellbeing initiatives
- What you can do to enhance other’s self-regulation (and your own)
- Self-Reg at the whole class and whole school levels.
Your day: This institute begins with a morning session with Stuart Shanker, followed by an afternoon workshop with Susan Hopkins and the TMC team. We will provide a fresh, locally-sourced lunch as well as snacks, including vegetarian and vegan options.
Location: Halifax Marriott Harbourfront, 1919 Upper Water Street
Time: September 19, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM