Area of work: Self-Reg Courses
(Remote from home) (Part-Time)
THE MEHRIT CENTRE LTD. (“TMC”) is an educational organization offering courses and information online. Established by Dr. Stuart Shanker in 2012, to work towards a vision of calm, alert children, youth and adults flourishing in physically and emotionally nurturing environments. The mission is to ground learning and living in self-regulation.
TMC is looking for Teaching Assistants to assist our course facilitators ensuring that learners have a positive experience connecting with the MEHRIT Centre (TMC) and Self-Reg learning.
The following is a part-time position:
Position Overview: Teaching Assistant
Reporting to the Dean of eLearning, the Teaching Assistant is responsible for assisting the course facilitator with the web-based Self-Reg courses supporting the learners ensuring they have a positive experience in the course.
Areas of Accountability
- Assist the course facilitator with the web-based Self-Reg courses
- Log into the eSchool daily checking in on your assigned course
- Ensure learners have a positive experience in the course and identify learners that may need additional support
- Respond to some Discussion threads to encourage conversations
- Monitor and track learners’ progress throughout the course, updating tracking sheets weekly
- Maintain email correspondence with learners enrolled in the course
- Document completion of course criteria, changes in learner enrollment, all email correspondence to and from learners
- Respond promptly to correspondence from the Dean and eSchool staff
- Perform various tasks assigned by The MEHRIT Centre
- Canadian citizen residing in Canada
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in Foundations 4 (with the intent to complete Foundations 4) or have completed the entire Self-Reg Foundations Program.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work independently and reliably.
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate diplomacy, tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Google drive, Gmail, Zoom, Basecamp, and Slack an asset
- Interest or experience in fields related to education, adult learning or health and well-being may be an asset.
- Prior experience working with adult learners in an online learning environment an asset
Working Hours and Conditions
All TMC employees are expected to, and are supported in, carrying out their job responsibilities in a professional and responsive way that is aligned with TMC’s mission, values and strategic directions.
This is a work at home position. The employee is expected to provide their own computer, software and internet connection.
This position has a work schedule that will not exceed 5 hours a week during the active course period without preauthorization from the Dean of eSchool. During a course cycle the employee is expected to log into their assigned course daily or at minimum every second day to check on the status of learners, monitor the Q & A and the Discussions area.
Although the courses often include statutory holidays within the learning period, teaching assistants do not work on statutory holidays.
Hours of work are not guaranteed and will depend on learner enrollment in each course offering.
Starting rate of pay hourly $16.40
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note there will be a timed pre-interview task to complete as part of the interview process. We thank all who apply for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume with cover letter by noon April 8th 2022.