Last Updated: ● March 2020
- 3. Trademarks
3.1 You are prohibited from using any of the trademarks, service marks or logos appearing throughout the Sites without permission from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Use of Sites and Content
4.2 If you are registered with TMC’s Self-Reg eSchool, the Content includes course videos and any other course materials provided by TMC on such Site (“Course Materials”). You may access, use and display the Course Materials, and download and print Course Materials for which a download or print option are provided, solely for your own non-commercial personal use. You may not publish, distribute, display, publicly perform, transmit or otherwise make available any of the Course Materials to others, without TMC’s prior written permission. In no event may you alter or modify the Course Materials.
4.4 You agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on any Content you obtain from the Sites. None of the foregoing restrictions will apply to your own User Content (as defined below).
- Registration; User Accounts
- User Conduct
- User Submissions, Discussion Forums and Rules of Conduct
7.2 Please choose the User Content that you submit or post to the Sites carefully. User Content that you post to a discussion forum on a Site, such as the Co-Reg Community or Parent Self-Reg Portal, may be seen by other users of such discussion forum and User Content that you post to a public area of a Site may be seen by other users of the Site. Where we have made settings available (for e.g., within ePortfolio on the Self-Reg eSchool Site), we will honor the choices you make about who you choose to share your User Content with.
7.3 You agree not to submit or post any User Content, or engage in any other activity in connection with a Site, that:
- violates or infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary rights, or rights of privacy or publicity
- contains or constitutes confidential information
- violates any law or regulation
- is intentionally false or misleading
- defames, threatens, or harasses anyone
- is racist, sexist, profane, harmful, dangerous, abusive, or offensive
- is obscene or contains pornography
- contains or consists of advertising or any form of commercial solicitation, messaging or activity
- contains or utilizes any computer virus, other malicious code, or program that may damage or interfere with the operation of any computer system, or may unlawfully intercept any data or personal information
- overburdens, impairs or otherwise interferes with the operation of the Site or other users’ use or enjoyment of the Site.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
8.2 TMC does not approve or endorse any User Content. Any opinion, advice, article, publication, message, comment, statement or other information expressed or made available on the Sites by anyone other than TMC is that of the respective author or distributor and not that of TMC.
8.3 TMC does not guarantee or warrant that the operation of the Sites will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects in the Sites will be corrected or that Content available for downloading through the Sites will be free of computer viruses or other harmful components.
8.4 The Sites and the Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, TMC expressly disclaims all implied warranties and conditions of any kind, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, with regard to the Sites and the Content.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies
9.3 The foregoing disclaimers, exclusions and limitations of liability and remedies will apply, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in all claims or actions of any kind, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- Links to Third-Party Web Sites
- Indemnification by You
13.2 We reserve the right at any time in our sole discretion to cease providing any Content, to change or discontinue any aspect, feature or element of the Sites, or to cease making the Sites available.
- General Provisions