The great paradox of a stress cycle is that the harder you try to escape the tighter is its grip. Yet simply trying to relax and look dispassionately at one’s emotional distress is no more effective. Stuart Shanker’s blog post for Psychology Today describes how we can break free from a stress cycle and move forward.
- Reframing My Experience of ‘Reframing’
- When Withdrawal Doesn’t Work: A Self-Reg Alternative
- Self-Reg in Early Childhood Development Reflections
- Swan Valley School Division Implements Therapeutic Schools Project, based on the work of Stuart Shanker
- From Under The Stairs To In The Classroom: Contemplating Biological Stressors In Shared Learning Environments