Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators
Educators across Canada and around the world have embraced the science and theory of Shanker Self-Reg.® Now Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators answers the all important question: How?
Where Dr. Shanker’s previous books Self-Reg, and Calm, Alert and Learning answered the what and why of self-regulation, this new handbook, co-authored by Dr. Susan Hopkins and published by Pearson Canada, addresses the how. How do I incorporate the science and theory of Self-Reg into classroom practices and a process of ongoing learning that will help not only my students, but myself as a teacher? For Self-Reg is truly a process rather than a packaged program. Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators provides clear, yet flexible answers on how to start and maintain your Self-Reg journey, including:
- The four Self-Reg journeys: SEEDS, SUNRISE, QUILT HAVEN: a description of each journey and how to tell if it’s the right one for you
- Scenarios based on real classrooms and real teachers that exemplify and illustrate each journey
- Stories from the field, written by practising educators, that explore one or more stream characteristics
- Strategies to help you begin or extend the stream in your classroom
- An accompanying website that features videos, line masters and additional hands-on support
The ideas, strategies, and tools presented in this handbook are the fruit of, not only decades of solid science, but also all the work and learning Drs. Shanker and Hopkins have done with educators, health professionals, support specialists, and parents since the publication of Calm, Alert and Learning in 2013. Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators, is the resource you need to take Self-Reg practice to the next level in your classroom or school.
Publication Date: September 30, 2019
Preorder now from Pearson Canada!
Handbook ISBN: 9780135175453 | $49.95
Principals’ version ISBN: 9780135494141 | $74.95