By Kameka Kirby Chang
This was created by Kameka as part of her learning journey in our Self-Reg Facilitator’s Program.
We love the creative way this passionate learner concocted strategies and wisdom gathered from her Self-Reg journey, to create this special recipe. It is a testament to the power of reframing in a quest to nourish resilience, and to turn every day challenges into opportunities for growth. Each ingredient, carefully chosen, represents a fundamental aspect of Shanker Self-Reg®.
A Recipe For Reframing
- 4 cups of open mind
- 1/2 cup of pause
- 1 tbsp of WHY?
- 2 cups of empathy
- Self-Reg lense
- 1/4 cup of patience
- 2 tbsp respect
- 1 cup calm
- Pause, take a breather and reassess the situation.
- Look at the situation through a difference lense. How can we help?
- Using your empathy, kindness, patience and respect, think about what domains could be causing this stress.
- Is that individual in red brain or blue brain?
- We are able to look deeper into the why and the stress when we ourselves can lend our calm to aid with regulation. We ask the questions; WHY? and WHY NOW?
- We reframe our thoughts around behaviour! “When we see a child differently, we see a different child”.